We pride ourselves in running a streamlined IT Support Service that powers some of the worlds largest and most demanding companies and their services. This is a preview of what a typical day looks like in our Technical Support Department.
1. Morning Stand-up: The team members gather for a 20-min morning check-in meeting to discuss the tasks for the day and any issues that need immediate attention. They may review the status of ongoing projects, share progress updates, and identify any potential roadblocks.
2. Cloud Infrastructure Management: The IT department continuously monitors and manages the cloud infrastructure that their clients are using. They check the alerts that are coming from the monitoring system and apply the necessary patches and fixes. The teams ensures that all cloud-based systems are running smoothly, checking for any performance issues, and addressing any technical problems that arise.
3. User Support: The IT department will also provide support to users who are experiencing issues with their cloud-based services. This may include responding to support tickets, troubleshooting issues, and communicating with users to provide solutions to problems.
4. Troubleshooting: Inevitably, there will be technical problems that arise throughout the day. The IT department will work to identify and troubleshoot these issues, determining the root cause of the problem and implementing a solution as quickly as possible.
5. Project Management: The IT department may also be responsible for managing ongoing projects. This could involve communicating with stakeholders, managing timelines and budgets, and ensuring that the project is on track and meeting its objectives.
6. Documentation: Documenting any changes made to the client's systems or network is important for both the IT department and the client. The IT department will spend time documenting any changes made throughout the day, creating records of the work they have completed, and updating any relevant documentation.
7. Mid-day and Evening Reviews: The team reviews the progress made and shares two more reviews until the end of the day, discussing next actions on the remaining tasks. They may also use this time to review any new updates or issues that have come up, and reprioritize the whole queue.
8. On-Call Support: Some IT departments offer on-call support outside of regular working hours. If this is the case, team members may be on-call to respond to any urgent issues that arise outside of regular working hours.
Overall, a working day in a small IT department that works with cloud solutions, monitoring, and support services can be very busy and challenging. The team must be organized, efficient, and have a high level of technical expertise to ensure that their clients' systems are running smoothly and that any issues are quickly resolved.